Books and Reports
This section includes salient books and gray literature reports on EBM and MSP. Additionally, these resources cover aspects of marine regional planning from a conservation perspective, and show how this perspective can be coupled with other important components of marine planning. Contact us with suggestions for additional books and reports.
- Agardy, T. 2010. Ocean Zoning: Making Marine Management More Effective. London: Earthscan, 213 pp.
- Beck, MW, Z Ferdaña, J Kachmar, KK Morrison, PH Taylor and others. 2009. Best Practices for Marine Spatial Planning. The Nature Conservancy, Arlington, VA.
- Ehler, Charles, and Fanny Douvere. Marine Spatial Planning: a step-by-step approach toward ecosystem-based management. Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and Man and the Biosphere Programme. IOC Manual and Guides No. 53, ICAM Dossier No. 6. Paris: UNESCO. 2009 (English).
- Holland DS, JN Sanchirico, RJ Johnston and D Joglekar. 2010. Economic Analysis for Ecosystem-Based Management: Applications to Marine and Coastal Environments. RFF Press, 236 pp.
- Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force. 2009. Interim Framework for Effective Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning. White House Council on Environmental Quality.
- McLeod K and H Leslie (Eds.). 2009. Ecosystem-Based Management for the Oceans. Island Press, 392 pp.
- McLeod, KL, J Lubchenco, SR Palumbi and AA Rosenberg. 2005. Scientific Consensus Statement on Marine Ecosystem-Based Management. Signed by 217 academic scientists and policy experts with relevant expertise and published by the Communication Partnership for Science and the Sea.
- Mengerink K, A Schempp and J Austin. 2009. Ocean and Coastal Ecosystem-Based Management: Implementation Handbook. Environmental Law Institute, 158 pp.
- The Nature Conservancy. 2006. Marine Ecosystem Based Management: Learning from Case Studies to Advance Decision Support.